Indian Egg Curry
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil or ghee
- 1 tsp. black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp. fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 14-oz can chopped tomatoes (I like the kind with green chilis for this)
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tbs. Greek yogurt
- cilantro leaves for garnish
- Hard boil the eggs, peel, cut in half, and set aside.
- Heat the oil or ghee over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, fenugreek, and cumin. When mustard seeds start to pop, add the onion and cook till translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, garam masala, coriander, cayenne, and turmeric. When it starts to boil, reduce heat and simmer, with cover, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt and salt to taste. Add eggs and gently spoon the gravy over them.
- Simmer with eggs for another 2 minutes. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve over rice.
via Instagram http://instagr.am/p/VMkY90QSlN/