Monday, August 18, 2008

and I'mmamamaterial girl

I love Tupperware. And I'm pretty involved with my Cuisinart mini-food processor. Today I'll be highlighting these two useful products by showing how they facilitate and heighten the preparation and storage of my two most recent creations.

NOT!!!!! (Anyone else grow up on Wayne's World? Brilliant.) Actually, food's my thing. SO let's get on with our show:

~Peach-Tomato Gazpacho~

- Get ready, cause this one's a doozy: Load up the food processor with the Tomato & Peach Summer Salad from my August 7th post, and let 'er rip. Done. Finito. Moving on...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This next recipe is adapted from the Amazing Black Bean Brownies recipe posted on
Heidi Swanson's blog. I wanted to make a no-bake version that was lower in fat. So I used over-ripe banana in place of the eggs and cocoa powder heated with vegetable oil instead of melted baking chocolate (only because I didn't have any of the latter, really). Because the banana lends so much sweetness, I cut out most of the agave nectar too, only leaving a little bit to thin out the banana mush. In the end, this is a MOUSSE rather than a brownie, and that's just fine with me. It's actually an absolutely decadent mousse, and trust me, I was surprised!

~Black Bean Chocolate Mousse~

- 2 cups cooked black beans (canned is perfect)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 4 tbsp vegetable/canola oil (or just use 8 oz. 100% baking chocolate)
- 1 over-ripe banana, nuked and mushed up
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- few generous shakes of cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt

1. In a food processor, blend together the beans, walnuts, chocolate, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the mushed banana, agave nectar, and vanilla. Pour this, plus the cinnamon, into the food processor and blend into the bean mixture until totally smooth. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the stuff into a glass dish or bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Or stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes.

This would also be pretty serve as a pretty slammin' pie crust filling, I would wager.

No comments: