Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Almond Joy, you've met your match!



I founds this recipe yesterday in my favorite cooking blog, 101cookbooks.com. I made a few minor changes to suite my no-refined-sugar tastes, and this is what I got:

Coconut-Chocolate Clusters

- 2-1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted (with cinnamon, at 325 degrees for 5 minutes) and cooled
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds, chopped
- 7-8 oz. 100% baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- scant sprinkling of finishing salt

Combine the cooled coconut flakes and almonds in a large bowl. Simmer a few inches of water in a small saucepan and place the chopped chocolate in a glass mixing bowl on the saucepan. Stir as the chocolate melts, then mix in the agave nectar. Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut/almond and mix to combine. Let it cool a few minutes before spooning it onto a baking sheet into clusters. Put a few grains of salt on top of each. Pop in the fridge to set into hard clusters of decadent deliciousness.

These make my roommates moan a little.

No comments: